The general director of the private TA3 TV news channel, Michal Gučík, has said he does not want to comment on a report by freelance journalist Miroslava Kernová that he would be leaving his job in the near future. Gučík said that he would leave at the moment he decided to do so, the SITA newswire reported.
Gučík also said that he would not comment on any other speculation about his job.
However, the Sme daily reported that several sources had confirmed that Gučík, who left for a holiday this week, will not return to his job at TA3.
Gučík was appointed to his current position at TA3 on January 1, 2011, when he replaced the then general director Matej Ribanský. Last year his name appeared in the media after it emerged that his telephone, along with those of three journalists working for the Pravda daily, had been tapped by the Military Defence Intelligence (VOS) counter-intelligence agency.
Compiled by Radka Minarechová from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.