Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Newly-appointed construction ministry official steps down

Michal Santai, the head of the Central Coordination Body (CKO) at the Construction Ministry, stepped down from his post on April 23 in reaction to an article published by the Sme daily earlier that day, the TASR newswire reported. The daily wrote that in 2009 Santai had defended the notorious 'bulletin-board tender' at the Construction Ministry. Santai was recently selected by new Transport Minister Ján Počiatek (Smer) to oversee the use of EU funds through this CKO office. Santai told the media about his decision to leave the post, stating that he did not want to jeopardise Počiatek's activities aimed at effective use of EU funds.

Michal Santai, the head of the Central Coordination Body (CKO) at the Construction Ministry, stepped down from his post on April 23 in reaction to an article published by the Sme daily earlier that day, the TASR newswire reported.

The daily wrote that in 2009 Santai had defended the notorious 'bulletin-board tender' at the Construction Ministry. Santai was recently selected by new Transport Minister Ján Počiatek (Smer) to oversee the use of EU funds through this CKO office.

Santai told the media about his decision to leave the post, stating that he did not want to jeopardise Počiatek's activities aimed at effective use of EU funds.

"At the same time, as a private person, I'm considering other steps aimed at protecting my personal rights," Santai stated, as quoted by the TASR newswire.

Source: TASR

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

The processing of personal data is subject to our Privacy Policy and the Cookie Policy. Before submitting your e-mail address, please make sure to acquaint yourself with these documents.

Top stories

Police detain another person in promissory notes case

Ex-director of private broadcaster TV Markíza, Pavol Rusko, was detained shortly after being heard.

Pavol Rusko

First 500 jobseekers start training to work in automotive jobs

Neither labour offices nor the automotive industry dare to estimate to what extent the project will be successful.

For a Decent Slovakia organise another protest for June 22

At the same time, they are suing ex-PM Robert Fico, in response to his statements made during the protest rallies in February, citing fear-mongering and defamation.

For a Decent Slovakia represenattives - L-R: Lukáš Füle, Karolína Farská, Juraj Šeliga and Veronika Bruncková - filed a suit against ex-PM Robert Fico June 15.

Construction of the longest tunnel in Slovakia gets complicated

Érsek considers delays in construction of the cross-country highway to be unacceptable.

Western portal of the Višňové tunnel