This exercise is linked to the article: Sentencing for drug offences.
1. Offer your opinion on sentencing drug users caught with up to 10 doses – should they get a suspended sentence, or a prison sentence? Give three reasons for and three against both options.
2. Have you any experience with drug prevention measures? If yes – did you support them? If no – explain how you would enforce drug prevention among youth.
3. Do you know any drug addicts? Give examples from real life or from movies/literature/show business.
4. Bring up some examples of non-substance addictions, for example gambling, PC games, etc. and discuss how they can influence one’s life.
5. What do you think makes illegal drugs worse than these (and illegal, for that matter)?
11. Mar 2013 at 0:00 | Prepared by The Slovak Spectator team