This exercise is linked to the article: Fraud on the rise, say insurers.
1. List some common forms of insurance.
2. Describe the types of insurance fraud attempted by people in the story.
3. What other types of insurance fraud can you think of?
4. Imagine you are a forensics expert in an insurance company: how would you go about uncovering fraud?
5. Why is insurance fraud dangerous and harmful to others with insurance?
6. Why does insurance fraud seem to be widely tolerated yet only rarely reported?
7. What measures would you suggest to help prevent insurance fraud?
6. May 2013 at 0:00 | Prepared by The Slovak Spectator team