Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

MVK poll: Fico favourite to become president

If presidential elections had taken place in early May Robert Fico would have become president of the Slovak Republic, with 41.9 percent of votes, followed by Ján Čarnogurský (on 17.2 percent) and Radoslav Procházka (16.4 percent), according to an MVK poll. Fourth and fifth places would have gone to Andrej Kiska (13.3 percent) and Peter Šťastný (11.2 percent) respectively.

If presidential elections had taken place in early May Robert Fico would have become president of the Slovak Republic, with 41.9 percent of votes, followed by Ján Čarnogurský (on 17.2 percent) and Radoslav Procházka (16.4 percent), according to an MVK poll. Fourth and fifth places would have gone to Andrej Kiska (13.3 percent) and Peter Šťastný (11.2 percent) respectively.

MVK conducted the poll between May 8 and 15 on a sample of 1,085 respondents, divided according to gender, age, nationality, house/flat size and region. They were asked which of the listed candidates would get their vote if a presidential election were to take on day of the poll. A total of 37.8 percent of those polled refused to participate or could not choose from among the candidates on offer. The remaining 62.2 percent said they would take part in the election.

Source: SITA

Compiled by Zuzana Vilikovská from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

The processing of personal data is subject to our Privacy Policy and the Cookie Policy. Before submitting your e-mail address, please make sure to acquaint yourself with these documents.

Top stories

Slovak healthcare needs thousands of medical workers

Slovak doctors, nurses and midwives are not hesitating in finding better work conditions abroad.

Illustrative Stock Photo

Fight with traffickers thwarted online sale of hockey tickets

The algorithm not only prevented traffickers but also ordinary fans from buying tickets.

Waiting for tickets in Košice

Spectacular Slovakia #3: Unexpected hiking (Enjoy Bratislava's greenery) Audio

In Slovakia, you can hike in the capital city. Listen to the latest episode of our travel podcast to find out more.

Institutions can be quickly destroyed, but they are hard to build

Head of the To Dá Rozum intiative, Renáta Hall, talks about the impacts of a dispute between the academy of sciences and the Education Ministry.

Renáta Hall