Original owners of Doprastav are back

The serious financial situation in the Doprastav construction firm, whose bank accounts have been frozen, resulting in the halting of its production, has caused the original shareholders of the firm to return. After the Hospodárske Noviny daily recently reported that the company has a new shareholder, František Hodorovský, the pressure applied by the banks when freezing the accounts persuaded Ivan Šesták and Dušan Mráz to come back, the Sme daily reported on June 8.

The serious financial situation in the Doprastav construction firm, whose bank accounts have been frozen, resulting in the halting of its production, has caused the original shareholders of the firm to return. After the Hospodárske Noviny daily recently reported that the company has a new shareholder, František Hodorovský, the pressure applied by the banks when freezing the accounts persuaded Ivan Šesták and Dušan Mráz to come back, the Sme daily reported on June 8.

“We did not want to watch how the company will disappear, so we took it back,” Šesták told Sme.

The critical situation occurred after the last meeting of the shareholders, who had not agreed on increasing the basic capital by €17 million, which was deemed necessary for solving the financial problems of the company, the SITA newswire wrote.

The halt in production resulted in some employees taking a forced holiday, and others receiving compensations at 60 percent of their salary, Ladislav Šukola, head of the IOZ in Doprastav, told SITA. He added that he has already met with the head of the company and the chair of its board of directors, Juraj Androvič, to discuss the situation. According to him, the firm has so far not done anything incorrect as far as its employees are concerned.

Doprastav currently employs about 1,350 employees. Regarding the current financial situation it is possible that it will have to lay off some people, SITA wrote.

Source: Sme, SITA

For more information about this story please see: Major construction firm has its accounts frozen, halts work on highway

Compiled by Radka Minarechová from press reports

The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

The processing of personal data is subject to our Privacy Policy and the Cookie Policy. Before submitting your e-mail address, please make sure to acquaint yourself with these documents.

Top stories

Massive gatherings remember Kuciak and Kušnírová: We did not forget!

One year after the murder of journalist Ján Kuciak, large protests took place around Slovakia.

Protest gathering in Bratislava, February 21, 2019.

Journalists one year after the murder: We will not forget

More than 420 journalists have signed the statement issued exactly one year after the murder of Ján Kuciak and Martina Kušnírová.

Murder of journalist: We need to see indictments of masterminds soon

International journalists’ organisations are “cautiously optimistic” after meeting investigators of the Kuciak murder.

Ján Kuciak

Ján Kuciak and Martina Kušnírová were murdered one year ago (timeline)

These are the notable moments of the first year since the murder.

Paying tribute to Ján Kuciak and Martina Kušnírová.