This exercise is linked to the article: Language certificates may not be recognised.
1. Name any language certificates (other than school-leaving exam and maturita) that you are aware of. If possible, specify their requirements.
2. Describe the foreign language maturita and its sections.
3. In what ways are foreign-language certificates and the maturita the same and how do they differ? Do you find the maturita to be easier or more difficult than the certificates?
4. In your opinion, should certificates be considered equal to the maturita? Explain why or why not.
5. If you were the education minister, what rules would you introduce for the foreign language maturita (in connection with other certificates)?
6. Describe your own ideal model of teaching foreign languages to pupils and students, from elementary school up to the maturita.
17. Jun 2013 at 0:00 | Prepared by The Slovak Spectator team