Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

BUSINESS IN SHORT

Consortium questions its exclusion

A CONSORTIUM of two construction firms, Skanska and Strabag, appealed to the National Highway Company (NDS) on June 24 to reassess its decision to exclude the consortium from a tender on the construction of a stretch of the D1 highway between Lietavská Lúčka and Dubná Skala in Žilina Region.

A CONSORTIUM of two construction firms, Skanska and Strabag, appealed to the National Highway Company (NDS) on June 24 to reassess its decision to exclude the consortium from a tender on the construction of a stretch of the D1 highway between Lietavská Lúčka and Dubná Skala in Žilina Region.

“The reason for the exclusion of our bid is exceptionally surprising, and even curious. The only rational explanation might be a mistake on the part of the authority, or an inappropriate assessment of the bid,” said the CEO of Skanska, Magdaléna Dobišová, to the TASR newswire, adding that otherwise the exclusion of the consortium’s bid would have to be viewed as biased.

The evaluation process for the tender has been in progress for a year. Skanska and Strabag offered the lowest bid, at €338 million, followed by a Doprastav-led consortium with a price tag of €383 million.
The NDS initially decided that Skanska and Strabag were the winners of the bid. But Doprastav appealed that decision, objecting to the extraordinarily low price as well as the ventilation system proposed by Skanska and Strabag for the tunnel part of the project .

The NDS reassessed the competition and then excluded Skanska and Strabag, declaring the Doprastav-led consortium the winner.

The NDS refused to comment on the matter, saying that the tender proceedings are still in progress.
The Sme daily wrote that the excluded consortium has asked the NDS for a swift resolution of the matter.

Top stories

No Slovaks among the victims of Manchester attack so far

The representatives of Slovakia have expressed their sympathy to the families of the victims.

Police guard close to the Manchester Arena in Manchester, Britain, on May 23, 2017, a day after an explosion.

It's not your Slovakia, Bystrica protesters told Kotleba

President Andrej Kiska spoke to the crowd at the protest gathering, asking Slovaks what kind of country they want to have.

Lajčák gives two versions of the Evka story

The Foreign Ministry gives opposing statements about suspicious procurement related to the Slovak Presidency over the EU Council.

Government of PM Robert Fico (left) endorses Lajčák as its official candidate.

PM Fico: Investors should clearly declare whether they have encountered corruption or not

Representatives of the biggest investors in Slovakia met with Fico to discuss the local business environment.

PM Robert Fico meeting with representatives of big investors in Slovakia.