Despite the political violence in Egypt and Foreign Ministry recommendations not to travel to the country, travel agencies have restored the trips to Egypt’s holiday resorts. The first holidaymakers will leave in following days, the Sme daily reported on September 11.
Though the travel agencies said they will possibly reopen the trips to Egypt in spring, the clients of Azur Reisen and Kartago Tours will leave for Hurghada and Marsa Alam on September 14 and 16. The holidays were ordered also by people whose trips had been cancelled in August, Sme wrote.
Travel agencies say the holiday resorts are safe, though they will not offer typical excursions outside the resorts to Cairo, Luxor and Aswan.
The Foreign Affairs Ministry has said it has no plans to abolish or change the degree of warning for Egypt, spokesman Peter Susko told Sme.
Compiled by Radka Minarechová from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.
11. Sep 2013 at 10:00