This exercise is linked to the article: Crackdown on shifty sellers.
1. Which type of shopping do you prefer – online, in shops, or at special presentations and demonstrations? List the advantages and disadvantages of each type.
2. Do you find anything immoral about presentations of goods like the ones described in the story? Do you think it should be banned altogether, or their rules should be better defined?
3. Do you agree that “What is not banned is allowed” and that there is a difference between illegal and immoral?
4. What types of goods do you think need to be – or are better – presented live and directly, rather than online or in a catalogue?
5. If you were a salesperson trying to market and sell good, how would you choose your potential clients and how would you adapt your selling practices to the target group?
27. Oct 2013 at 0:00 | Prepared by The Slovak Spectator team