Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

FOCUS SHORT

More than 7,000 e-shops

THE NUMBER of e-shops in Slovakia has exceeded 7,000. Compared with the previous year, the number of e-shops increased by more than one third, according to the statistics of the Heureka.sk portal, which compares goods offered in Slovak e-shops. Most of the new shops emerged in the sectors of clothing, electric appliances and perfumes, the TASR newswire wrote in October.

THE NUMBER of e-shops in Slovakia has exceeded 7,000. Compared with the previous year, the number of e-shops increased by more than one third, according to the statistics of the Heureka.sk portal, which compares goods offered in Slovak e-shops. Most of the new shops emerged in the sectors of clothing, electric appliances and perfumes, the TASR newswire wrote in October.

Smaller e-shops run by their owners as part-time jobs make up approximately 70 percent of all the e-shops in Slovakia. The remaining 30 percent are full-time e-shops.

Based on a survey of the company Pricemania, in which 196 Slovak e-shops participated, the average annual turnover of a Slovak e-shop is between €10,000 and €30,000. Most shops work within a margin between 10 and 20 percent. Shops selling perfumes have the lowest margin while those selling clothes have the highest. An average single order by a Slovak client is between €21 and €50. According to the survey, 75 percent of e-shops have one to three locations where customers can pick up their orders in person. However, 21 percent of e-shops do not allow personal pick up of orders.

The processing of personal data is subject to our Privacy Policy and the Cookie Policy. Before submitting your e-mail address, please make sure to acquaint yourself with these documents.

Top stories

The Financial Administration’s head resigns from post

František Imrecze says his decision was spontaneous.

František Imrecze

People will gather to support imprisoned Ukrainian filmmaker

The open letter in support of Sentsov has been signed by more than 2,800 people.

People hold posters to support Ukrainian filmmaker Oleg Sentsov, who is currently on hunger strike in a Russian jail to demand the release of the other Ukrainian hostages taken by the Kremlin, in front of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Kiev on August 21, 2018.

Institutions can be quickly destroyed, but they are hard to build

Head of the To Dá Rozum intiative, Renáta Hall, talks about the impacts of a dispute between the academy of sciences and the Education Ministry.

Renáta Hall

Man from Russian sanction list trained president’s and PM’s bodyguards

Denis Riauzov is on the sanctions list and the secret services believe he is a Russian agent.