This exercise is linked to the article: Designers wrestle with business realities.
1. Imagine you want to start a fashion studio or open a clothes shop. Who do you think would be your target customers? What age group and social class would you want to focus on?
2. What type of fashion do you think is missing now in the shops? Is there any gap in the fashion market you could fill with your designs?
3. How do you think the attire and the styles we wear influence our moods, or even our relationships? Or is it the other way around: does our lifestyle and inner world impact what we choose to wear?
4. Look at the photos of the official uniforms of Slovak athletes designed for the upcoming Winter Olympics in Sochi (www.teraz.sk/sport/slovaci-zoh-cicmany-olympiada/63896-clanok.html). What do you like about them and what would you change?
This exercise is published as part of Spectator College, a programme created by The Slovak Spectator.
27. Jan 2014 at 0:00 | Prepared by The Slovak Spectator team