This exercise is linked to the article: Slovakia struggles to raise top athletes
Spectator College-Sports and Games TASKS
1. How many times a week – on average – do you do physical exercise? Is this enough? What are the possibilities in your region for playing sports?
2. What are the most popular sports and games in your region – actively (i.e. doing them) and passively (i.e. watching them)?
3. What are the most popular sports in Slovakia and in English-speaking countries? Which are the same and which are different?
4. Discuss the results of Slovak athletes at the Winter Olympics in Sochi. What can be done to improve them?
5. What do you think about Slovakia co-organising the Winter Olympics in 2022? Will it help boost the popularity of sports and games in Slovakia?
This exercise is published as part of Spectator College, a programme created by The Slovak Spectator.
3. Mar 2014 at 0:00 | Prepared by The Slovak Spectator team