This exercise is linked to the article: Living in a multigenerational household
1. Give some examples of multi-generation households, both from literature/film/theatre/art, and real life.
2. Take a poll among your friends and schoolmates whether they would like (or be willing if forced to) to live with their parents or parents-in-law.
3. Can you tell which nations, societies or communities have the strongest trend towards multi-generation households and which the weakest? Try to draw some conclusions about the trends.
4. Give some advantages and some disadvantages stemming from regular exchange and contacts between three generations in a single household.
This exercise is published as part of Spectator College, a programme created by The Slovak Spectator.
24. Mar 2014 at 0:00 | Prepared by The Slovak Spectator team