Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

FOCUS SHORT

Slovaks connect during holidays

AS MUCH as 41 percent of Slovaks spending their holidays abroad want to enjoy their summer rest and not be stressed by news on the internet or emails. The remaining 59 percent cannot imagine a holiday without the internet, according to an online survey by NMS Market Research and the advisor Heureka.sk. The study considered a sample of about 2,200 respondents shopping online last year, the SITA newswire reported.

AS MUCH as 41 percent of Slovaks spending their holidays abroad want to enjoy their summer rest and not be stressed by news on the internet or emails. The remaining 59 percent cannot imagine a holiday without the internet, according to an online survey by NMS Market Research and the advisor Heureka.sk. The study considered a sample of about 2,200 respondents shopping online last year, the SITA newswire reported.

“The most frequent way of connecting to the internet, used by as much as 27 percent of Slovak holiday makers, is via the WiFi network on their own computer,” said Michal Osuský, director of NMS Market Research, adding that 24 percent use the internet in mobiles. Eight percent comes from holiday makers who connect via local computers in cafés or in their hotels.

“As much as 60 percent of Slovaks who use the internet during holidays search for information about weather,” said Kamil Demuth, project manager at Heureka.sk. “48 percent is interested in maps, navigation and travel orders and 42 percent look for news from Slovakia.”

The processing of personal data is subject to our Privacy Policy and the Cookie Policy. Before submitting your e-mail address, please make sure to acquaint yourself with these documents.

Topic: IT


Top stories

Slovak healthcare needs thousands of medical workers

Slovak doctors, nurses and midwives are not hesitating in finding better work conditions abroad.

Illustrative Stock Photo

Fight with traffickers thwarted online sale of hockey tickets

The algorithm not only prevented traffickers but also ordinary fans from buying tickets.

Waiting for tickets in Košice

Spectacular Slovakia #3: Unexpected hiking (Enjoy Bratislava's greenery) Audio

In Slovakia, you can hike in the capital city. Listen to the latest episode of our travel podcast to find out more.

Institutions can be quickly destroyed, but they are hard to build

Head of the To Dá Rozum intiative, Renáta Hall, talks about the impacts of a dispute between the academy of sciences and the Education Ministry.

Renáta Hall