This exercise is linked to the article: Learning the financial ABCs
1. Where do you think children should learn the basics of financial literacy – at home, or at school? At what age should they be taught financial issues?
2. Ask the adults in your circles about their level of financial literacy and whether they think the rest of the population should be more knowledgeable about financial matters.
3. Think of some ways to teach adults economic and financial issues.
4. Do you have money in savings? How do you handle it? Do your parents have savings – or loans and mortgages?
5. How would you teach financial literacy in school? What year? Should it be taught in its own course or part of Mathematics/Education about Society?
6. What core themes do you think should be taught in financial literacy?
7. Find statistics on financial literacy in Slovakia and in neighbouring countries/other EU member states.
This exercise is published as part of Spectator College, a programme created by The Slovak Spectator.
2. Jun 2014 at 0:00 | Prepared by The Slovak Spectator team