Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Prosecutor Office laid charges in the Mariatchi case

THE PROSECUTOR General’s Office charged five men in relation with last year’s attack targeting guests of the Mariatchi bar in downtown Nitra. The prosecutor accused them of disorderly conduct and attempted bodily harm, the TASR newswire reported on November 3.

THE PROSECUTOR General’s Office charged five men in relation with last year’s attack targeting guests of the Mariatchi bar in downtown Nitra. The prosecutor accused them of disorderly conduct and attempted bodily harm, the TASR newswire reported on November 3.

The first punishment had already been issued in October. Professional soldier Tomáš Spišiak admitted his guilt in beating attack at the Mariatchi bar in downtown Nitra in October 2013. He must pay the €400 fine, as well as compensation to the health insurance company Všeobecná Zdravotná Poisťovňa for treatment costs which have been estimated at €12.60.

The agreement on guilt and punishment was initiated by the defendant, who spontaneously admitted his guilt of committing the deed, and the evidence proved his confession. He also regretted his actions, General Prosecutor’s Office spokeswoman Andrea Predajňová said.

The Sme daily first published the images, which show the youths kicking one victim in the head repeatedly, on January 28. The incident was reportedly just one in a series of similar attacks. The victims of the attack were patrons standing in front of the Mariatchi bar in downtown Nitra, a popular student hangout.

October’s attack was not the only such incident to have occurred at Mariatchi. On New Year’s Eve, customers were attacked by neo-Nazis from Walhala, a neighbouring club. Though it was officially listed as a “private card-playing club”, it is a pub whose clientele regularly get drunk and misbehave, Radovan Richtárik, the owner of the Mariatchi bar told Sme.

Though the first attack was recorded on the city’s street cameras and the attackers’ faces are visible, the police waited until after Sme broke the story to charge the perpetrators.

Source: TASR, Sme

Compiled by Roman Cuprik from press reports
The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Top stories

Third anti-corruption march drew thousands Photo

The only demand that has been met to date is the abrogation of Vladimír Mečiar’s amnesties by parliament.

The anti-corruption march

Ballet legend Sergei Polunin will be guest of SND

The world-renowned personality of contemporary ballet will present two choreographies at the Slovak National Theatre in September.

Sergei Polunin

Voters don’t understand self-governing regions

Rules for regional elections change, which may bring some surprising victories.

One of the biggest fights is expected in Banská Bystrica Region.

Sagan rewrites history Video

Cyclist Peter Sagan becomes the first man to win three consecutive world championships. He allegedly did not expect it and was easy with the idea he would not win.