Health Ministry gets new state secretary

RADOSLAV Čuha, head of the teaching hospital in Prešov, will become the new state secretary of the Health Ministry. He will replace Viliam Čislák who was appointed the new health minister on November 6, the TASR newswire reported.

RADOSLAV Čuha, head of the teaching hospital in Prešov, will become the new state secretary of the Health Ministry. He will replace Viliam Čislák who was appointed the new health minister on November 6, the TASR newswire reported.

Čislák made it to the post after his predecessor Zuzana Zvolenská was forced to leave because of the dubious purchase of a new CT scanner by the Piešťany hospital.

Čuha should be appointed on November 12, TASR wrote. Before he was appointed to lead the hospital in Prešov in 2012, he had worked for the network of hospitals under Svet Zdravia belonging to the portfolio of Penta financial group, the Omediach.com website wrote.

The new state secretary made it to the headlines last year after he accidentally sent an email to a reporter of private broadcaster TV Markíza instead of the hospital’s spokesperson. The reporter was covering the story about erasing the medical records in the hospital.

“We don’t want to respond, and please, do not respond in any way; you can get out of it [by saying] you are on sick leave or holiday,” the email read.

After the reporter made a story based on the email, Čuha sent an open letter to the reporter, criticising the way in which she made the report and saying she did not use his whole statement, Omediach.com wrote.

Moreover, the Sme daily reported last year that Čuha made it to the Prešov’s regional parliament thanks to votes from two Roma settlements, according to Omediach.com.

Source: TASR, Omediach.com

Compiled by Radka Minarechová from press reports

The Slovak Spectator cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information presented in its Flash News postings.

Get daily Slovak news directly to your inbox

Top stories

News digest: Lockdown not out of the question, PM Matovič says

The overview of news from Wednesday, October 21, 2020.

PM Igor Matovič says lockdown is still in play.

A curfew for those who refuse testing? Lawyers and president have doubts

The government risks the Constitutional Court canceling the nationwide testing.

Illustrative stock photo

The cabinet approves plan for permanent kurzarbeit

The new fund is expected to be introduced from 2022.

Labour Minister Milan Krajniak