Váhostav says sorry to creditors via new website

CONSTRUCTION company Váhostav-SK has launched a website at Mrzinasto.sk, which in Slovak means “we are sorry” providing information about the company’s restructuring, spokesman Tomáš Halán told the press on April 9. 

(Source: Sme)

In line with the restructuring the company is due to pay back 15 percent of the money owed to construction companies and to self-earners, which represents €15.7 million. Secured creditors, the most notable of which are banks, are to receive 100 percent, a fact which receives huge media attention. Overall, Váhostav-SK plans to pay back 32.3 percent of its debts, or €43.9 million. The total debt is over €136 million.

With the same intention to inform about restructuring the company has created a Facebook page called “Váhostav – SK reštrukturalizácia [restructuralisation]” and a “VáhostavSK” Twitter account.

Read also:Creditors to decide about Váhostav in late AprilRead more 

“There’s a large amount of false information surrounding the restructuring process. So, we consider it to be important that creditors can be informed on our official website, where they can find guaranteed truthful news,” Halán said, as quoted by TASR. “We’ve always claimed that we approach our commitments responsibly, and we’ve kept this promise.

The restructuring plan was approved by the creditors committee last week. A meeting of all creditors, who must approve the latest plans, will take place on April 30.

Get daily Slovak news directly to your inbox

Theme: Corruption & scandals

Read more articles by the topic
This article is also related to other trending topics
Highways

Top stories

How many people were infected in Volkswagen or U.S. Steel? Top companies mostly remain silent

Biggest employers have introduced measures, they do not want to talk about possible layoffs.

The Bratislava plant of Volkswagen maintained strict measures also in the summer.

News digest: Lockdown not out of the question, PM Matovič says

The overview of news from Wednesday, October 21, 2020.

PM Igor Matovič says lockdown is still in play.

A curfew for those who refuse testing? Lawyers and president have doubts

The government risks the Constitutional Court canceling the nationwide testing.

Illustrative stock photo

The cabinet approves plan for permanent kurzarbeit

The new fund is expected to be introduced from 2022.

Labour Minister Milan Krajniak