“The investigator is conducting procedural activities,” said Marián Sipavý, spokesman of the Trenčín Regional Prosecutor’s Office, to Sme. “We will not provide more detailed information.”
Jánoš resigned as MP on March 4 over the scandal involving transcriptions of audio recordings published on the internet a day earlier in which he seemed to have verbally abused his wife and used threats. He also resigned as Smer district head in Prievidza. The lawyer representing his wife Iveta – Ivan Katrinec – has filed a complaint with the Prosecutor General’s Office against Jánoš for alleged blackmail, threats and coercion.
At the beginning of the allegations General Prosecutor Jaromír Čižnár criticized the lax approach of police. But he has not said if he is now satisfied with how the investigation is currently being conducted, Sme wrote.
When the court decided to not take Jánoš into custody and issued bail of only €20,000 on March 9 the Trenčín regional prosecutor, Dagmar Budinská, stated that if Jánoš was a regular person he would be behind bars.
A day later, the Trenčín Regional Prosecutor’s Office called on Justice Minister Tomáš Borec to fill an extraordinary appeal that would have forded the Supreme Court to decide about Jánoš’ custody. But Borec has not yet decided to do so.
“When this decision is made we will inform the media about it,” said the Justice Ministry’s spokesperson, Pavol Kubík, to Sme.
8. Sep 2015 at 6:45 | Compiled by Spectator staff