Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Prague’s RegioJet stopped due to bomb alert

The stoppage and scanning of the train in Poprad was meaningless and unjustified, according to RegioJet.

(Source: SME)

Police officers and firefighters were called to carry out a thorough search of a RegioJet train in Poprad in Prešov region on March 31 afternoon after an unknown person announced that a bomb was planted in one of the carriages, the TASR newswire learnt on the same day.

“Nine members of the Fire Corps and four pieces of equipment were dispatched to the scene,” reported the firefighter operation centre, as quoted by TASR.

Prečítajte si tiež: Prečítajte si tiež:RegioJet and Leo Express trains stopped due to bomb threat

A passenger who introduced herself as Xenia Gavuková told the TASR that all passengers were asked to leave the express train which was going from Prague to Kosice.

“We were already 40 minutes late arriving in Poprad due to various closures en route, and when we reached Poprad the train was halted and we were told to get off immediately due to an emergency situation," said Gavuková, adding that all train traffic in Poprad was paralysed.

The bomb threat turned out to be a hoax, Prešov Fire and Rescue Corps operation centre told TASR later that day.

The stoppage and subsequent lengthy search of the train in Poprad was meaningless and unjustified, as there was no security risk, RegioJet spokesman Aleš Ondrůj stated in a press release.

“The Slovak police knew this, but, nonetheless, they decided to halt traffic at the Poprad railway station,” reads Ondrůj’s statement. 

The processing of personal data is subject to our Privacy Policy and the Cookie Policy. Before submitting your e-mail address, please make sure to acquaint yourself with these documents.

Topic: Transport


Top stories

Coronations return to Bratislava Photo

This year Bratislava will recall the coronation of Leopold II, the younger son of Maria Theresa.

Bratislava will again enjoy re-enactment of coronation ceremony

Police detain another person in promissory notes case

Ex-director of private broadcaster TV Markíza, Pavol Rusko, was detained shortly after being heard.

Pavol Rusko

For a Decent Slovakia organise another protest for June 22

At the same time, they are suing ex-PM Robert Fico, in response to his statements made during the protest rallies in February, citing fear-mongering and defamation.

For a Decent Slovakia represenattives - L-R: Lukáš Füle, Karolína Farská, Juraj Šeliga and Veronika Bruncková - filed a suit against ex-PM Robert Fico June 15.

Last Week in Slovakia: Farmers staged a protest by driving across the country Audio

Listen to all the headlines from The Slovak Spectator's news podcast.

Farmers also met President Andrej Kiska in Bratislava