Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Eight Slovak policemen will go to EURO 2016 for security reasons

Foreign Ministry promises to assist Slovak citizens during the European Championship in football (EURO 2016) in France, together with eight Slovak police officers.

R-L: Head of FAM’s consular department Igor Pokojný, head of Riot Police Department SR Jozef Olekszy and coordinator of fans’ relations of Slovak Football Association Marek Majerčák inform the media about the summer tourist season. (Source: TASR)

Two of these will be at the international centre near Paris and the remaining six will patrol together with French police in cities where the Slovak team will play its matches – Bordeaux, Lille and Saint-Etienne, head of the Department of riot police of the Police Corps Presidium Jozef Olekszy said, as quoted by the SITA newswire. The consular team in Paris will be also boosted. No potential increased terrorist threats are known so far, while it is advisable to follow French media and react accordingly. However, France has prolonged the state of emergency and renewed pre-Shengen border controls during the EURO 2016, thus everyone has to officially cross the borders and have a valid ID card.

About 10,000 football fans not just from Slovakia but also Slovaks living in the UK, Ireland and other countries plan to participate in the EURO 2016 championship, head of the Consular Department of the ministry, Igor Pokojný, said. 

This measure, however, is just one of all those planned for this summer season, Pokojný said on May 30, according to the TASR newswire. He added that also the upcoming Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro 2016 and the World Youth Days in Krakow will be demanding. The ministry’s primary tools for travellers are mostly welcoming text messages and emergency text messages, while also available are voluntary registration before leaving and the mobile application Svetobežka, offering specific information and advice on how to solve emergency situations abroad. 

Topic: Tourism and travel in Slovakia


This article is also related to other trending topics: Football

Top stories

Why did we have to wait ten years for the verdict in the bulletin-board case?

The case is still not concluded. The Supreme Court will have to deal with the appeal of ex-ministers; the case of embezzlement by the non-licensed banking institution of Jozef Majský has also become protracted.

Ex-minister Janušek, sentenced October 18.

Sentenced!

It is definitely good news that at least one emblematic scandal did not end in vain.

Minister Igor Štefanov was sacked over a scandal.

Do you want a Sagan for your Lego collection? Photo

The post is very popular on Facebook.

Peter Sagan

Refurbishment of Trnavské Mýto has started

The facelift of the underpass crossing should be completed by summer. Fate of nearby Istropolis still not known

Reconstruction of Trnavské Mýto underpass started.