Companies linked to former director of state-owned health insurer Všeobecná Zdravotná Poisťovňa (VšZP) Marcel Forai’s aunt Anna Sučková appear to be doing too well even after the related scandal broke out in September of last year, Independent MP Miroslav Beblavý stated at a press conference on July 28.
Ex VšZP chief Marcel Forai announced his decision to resign in mid 2015 after Beblavý raised suspicions that Forai preferred seven companies where his aunt Anna Sučková is a partner. While defending himself Forai called Sučková auntie Anka which became the name of the entire case. Beblavý backed his accusations with 69 agreements worth €14 million which VšZP has signed with these companies since 2012.
A Supreme Audit Office (NKÚ) investigation into contracts between VšZP and companies recently came to the conclusion that the firms were given preferential treatment by the public health insurer while Forai was its director.
“During 2015, their incomes increased by another third to €9.3 million, six times higher than in 2011,” said Beblavý, as quoted by the TASR newswire, adding that the firms’ contracts with VšZP for 2016 have remained untouched, and in one case a contract has even become more lucrative.
Beblavý pointed out that five out of the seven companies linked to auntie Anka still have contracts with VšZP, while these five companies account for 95 percent of the combined sales of the seven firms. He noted that former VšZP head Miroslav Vaďura announced that the contracts would be terminated as of June 30 and recalled that Health Minister Tomáš Drucker who is a Smer-SD nominee indicated that everything immoral would be removed from the sector.
“Nonetheless, the new insurer leadership, nominated by minister Drucker, has come to rescue the business success of companies in the auntie Anka case,” said Beblavý, as qouted by TASR.
29. Jul 2016 at 6:58 | Compiled by Spectator staff