Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Power producer SE investigated in seven proceedings

Yet the number of accused people remains the same as last year.

Illustrative stock photo(Source: Sme)

The investigation at Slovenské Elektrárne (SE), Slovakia’s dominant power producer, is not over. On the other hand, the police increased the number of criminal proceedings from five to seven.

Police Presidium’s spokesperson Martin Wäldl, however, did not want to reveal more details.

“It is not possible to provide more information considering the ongoing investigation,” Wäldl said, as quoted by the SITA newswire.

The number of accused people has not increased since last autumn.

Read also: Read also:Lawsuit over Gabčíkovo is over, contract for operation is invalid

“The charges have been laid in two cases,” Wäldl told SITA, adding that five people are accused of violating duties when administering someone else’s property and one of manipulating data of the economic and trade register.

The former charges concern people who have been working in state-run company Vodohospodárska Výstavba since 2006, which at the time managed the operation of the hydroelectric power plant in Gabčíkovo (Trnava Region).

In the latter case, the investigator of the National Criminal Agency has accused a person identified as Ľ. K. for manipulating the accountancy, which might have caused a loss to the Slovak budget amounting to more than €308 million back in 2005, as reported by SITA.

Read also: Read also:Completion of Mochovce plant investigated

The police carried out a raid at the nuclear power plant in Mochovce (Nitra Region), which reportedly concerned a former supplier to the construction works on the remaining two nuclear reactors. They are now assessing the documents seized during seven raids, Wäldl added.

SE representatives are convinced that the investigation relates to the period before Italian company Enel bought the shares in the firm. The fact that the investigation is focused on events that had happened before the acquisition of SE was completed, i.e. before April 2006, should have been confirmed by the official documents the police showed to the company, SITA reported.

Topic: Energy

Top stories

Thousands of people returned to the streets Photo

Though the main Bratislava protest was cancelled, people attended other gatherings, expressing their disagreement with the current situation.

SNP Square in Bratislava, March 23

She faced Russian tanks in 1968. Today, she protests again Photo

There are no tanks pointing at us today, says Mária Homolková, who joined protests in SNP Square once again in March 2018 to secure a better life for her grandchildren.

Kiska appoints Pellegrini cabinet

The president approved the new government, despite some reservations. The new PM promises to investigate the murder of the journalist and his fiancée.

Peter Pellegrini's government

There is still work to be done

2018 is not a re-run of 1989, but there is a connection.

Bratislava, March 16