Svatoš died of overdose

The coroner confirmed that the deceased ice-hockey player was addicted to heroin.

Marek SvatošMarek Svatoš (Source: SITA)

Former member of the Slovak Ice-Hockey team, Marek Svatoš, died of an overdose. The statement issued by the coroner said that the ice-hockey player combined codeine, morphine and antidepressants before his death, the TASR newswire reported.

The former player for Colorado, Nashville and Ottawa took heroin in the past and also underwent drug rehab treatment, according to the Denver Post.

Read also:Slovak ice hockey player Svatoš died Read more 

He also suffered from depression, was inclined to suicide and went through “a very stressful time” recently, according to the reports.

Svatoš died on November 5, 2016 at the age of 34. His dead body was found by his wife Diana with whom he lived in Denver with their two children. At that time the local media was already reporting that the possible cause of his death might have been an overdose.

Get daily Slovak news directly to your inbox

Theme: Hockey

Read more articles by the topic

Top stories

Former state secretary Jankovská has reportedly confessed

Coalition politicians have welcomed the news.

Monika Jankovská

Pass a Slovak language dictation so you can work with foreigners

The draft migration policy proposal is out. Where does a foreigner find the official, certified list of cultural realities and traditions they are supposed to respect?

Some problems with the Foreigners’ Police continue.

News digest: Former state secretary describes the corruption at courts

Schools will definitely not open on Monday. Coronavirus vaccine could be available starting in mid-December. Slovakia joins campaign to fight violence against women.

The Presidential Palace lit in orange, to support the Orange the world! campaign.