Spectator on facebook

Spectator on facebook

Tkáč has sold his energy business in EPH

The transation was announced last October.

Gas transmitter Eustream(Source: Sme)

Patrik Tkáč along with the financial group J&T sold their stakes in the Czech company Energetický a Průmyslový Holding (EPH), the ČTK newswire reported. The financial transaction of about €2.75 billion took place on February 24. Thus Daniel Křetínský has become the majority owner of EPH. Now he holds 94 percent of the company while the remaining 6 percent is in the hands of members of the company’s management.

In Slovakia, EPH holds stakes in the gas transmitter Eustream, SPP Distribúcia and is buying the 66-percent stake in Slovenské Elektrárne from the Italian energy group, Enel .

The holding published its plans for the change in ownership structure last October.

Read also: Read also:Patrik Tkáč and J&T are leaving EPH

Before the transaction Křetínský and Tkáč each held 37 percent in EPH, while the rest was owned by investors linked with J&T.

EPH was launched in 2009 as a joint venture of the PPF group of the wealthiest Czech Petter Kellner, J&T and Křetínský. It focused on doing business in energy and industry. Now it owns and operates assets in the Czech Republic, the Slovak Republic, Germany, Italy, the UK and Hungary.

Topic: Energy


Top stories

Legitimising fake news

One of Slovakia’s media schools has invited a well-known conspiracy theorist to an academic conference. What does this say about the state of the Slovak media?

Tibor Rostas

Suicide game does not exist and visa-free regime for Ukrainians is not a lie

The Slovak Spectator brings you a selection of hoaxes from the past two weeks.

There is no computer game that makes people commit suicides.

It’s not easy being an ‘alien’ in Slovakia

Are Slovaks scared of foreigners? The stories of those who are trying to make their homes here suggest that ignorance and bureaucratic inertia, rather than fear, cause more problems.

Dealing with state offices may be difficult and time-demanding.

President Kiska uses train for first time Photo

After criticism from coalition MPs for flying and a troublesome car trip, Slovak President Kiska to commute to Bratislava by international train, boarding it in his hometown of Poprad.

President Kiska gets off the IC train in Bratislava.