How many votes did Marian Kotleba get, how much did the election cost and what was the lowest number of votes sufficient for a regional councillor to be elected?Read more
Here are some interesting figures from the regional elections:
- A total of 4,499,219 voters were eligible to cast their vote and in the end, 1,347,761 turned out. Of that number, 564 submitted invalid ballot papers.
- The turnover was 29.95 percent.
- The lowest turnout was in the Nitra Region – a mere 24.7 percent. The highest, on the other hand, was in the Banská Bystrica Region with 40.3 percent.
- The ruling Smer party lost 4 regions: Trnava, Žilina, Prešov and Košice.
- There will be new regional governors in 6 regions – Bratislava, Trnava, Žilina, Banská Bystrica, Prešov and Košice.
- The opposition OĽaNO party won 2 regional governor’s positions, the Trnava and Žilina regions. This is the most any right-wing party has ever held but the candidates ran with the support of other parties too.
- Other regional governors were elected as follows: the opposition SaS – Juraj Droba in Bratislava, the non-parliamentary KDH - Milan Majerský in Prešov; and two independent candidates, Ján Lunter in Banská Bystrica, and Rastislav Trnka in Košice.
- Erika Jurinová became the first woman elected to be regional governor (Žilina Region).
- Marian Kotleba got 23,895 votes less than four years ago; he was elected by 47,502 people and received 23.2 percent.
- In total 336 people representing the ĽSNS ran for the regional parliaments, while two were elected as councillors – Marian Kotleba and Milan Uhrík.
- Marian Kotleba received 6,737 votes for councillor, while Milan Uhrík was more popular with 7,246 votes.
- Only 161 independent candidates were elected as councillor.
- The lowest number of votes sufficient for being elected to a council seat was in one of the boroughs of the Bratislava Region: Dušan Dvoran became a councillor with a mere 840 votes. He is aged 63.
- Peter Oremus in the Nitra Region received the most votes; he was elected by 13,941 voters.
- Only 875 votes decided the outcome in the Košice Region. Rastislav Trnka got 59,599 votes, while Richard Raši got 58,724.
- The election cost €10,199,209; and was the fifth election held for the governance of the “higher territorial units”, i.e. self-governing regions.
6. Nov 2017 at 11:16 | By Jakub Filo