This article was published in Investment Advisory Guide - Your key to understanding the Slovak business environment.
What is the minimum wage and unemployment rate in Slovakia? What is the timeline for mass recruitment and what contractual obligations should you be aware of as an employer? Read below to learn the ins and outs of the Slovak labour market.
Number of national holidays: 15
Paid holidays: 20 days (25 days for employees aged 33+)
Notice period: one month at least
Minimum wage: €646 (as of 2022)
Average nominal monthly wage (2020): €1,133
Average nominal monthly wage (2019): €1,092
Monthly wage costs (2019): €1,702
Social and health insurance: Employers pay for their employees 10% health insurance and 25.2% social insurance as a % of their brutto wage.
- Labour Market - Slovakia & the European Union
- Timeline For Mass Recruitment
- Average monthly wage in sectors of economy
- Unemployment & economic activity rate in Slovakia’s regions
- Unemployment rate
- Unemployment rate by education
- Economically active population by education (table)
- Economically active population by education (chart)
- Employment in sectors of economy (table)
- Employment in sectors of economy (chart)
- Labour cost of producing €100 GDP
- Trade unions
- Employment relations in Slovakia
- Frequently asked questions: Working in Slovakia