For many locals and visitors, Martinské Hole in the Malá Fatra Mountains in the northern region of Žilina is a popular ski resort where there is mainly natural snow. This region is very rich in tourist attractions (learn more in our Žilina Region Guide)
Find out more about region of folklore, national parks and modern attractions in our Žilina Region Travel Guide.
Martinské Hole offers various possibilities besides skiing, snowboarding or ski-alpinism. It is a popular spot for medium-difficulty hikes.
But beware – it is almost always windy on the top.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
10. Mar 2020 at 13:53 | Compiled by Spectator staff