Our paywall policy: The Slovak Spectator has decided to make all the articles on the special measures, statistics and basic information about the coronavirus available to everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
*This graph does not include the new cases that were identified with antigen tests during the mass testing that took place on October 31-November 1, and on November 7-8.
573 people were positively diagnosed with the coronavirus disease in Slovakia on January 16, the total number increased to 223,325.
Altogether 3,474 people have died, while 168,915 have recovered from the disease. Slovakia thus has 50,936 active coronavirus cases, according to the data from the National Health Information Centre.
The laboratories have carried out a total of 1,606,529 PCR tests, 2,850 of which were carried out on January 16. They also performed 24,659 new antigen tests, 977 were positive. The total number of antigen tests amounted to 2,533,325, and 147,222 in total were positive.
Slovakia's authorities release the testing results as of midnight the previous day every morning. Starting on March 27, also private labs are involved in testing samples for the coronavirus.
Read more about the coronavirus outbreak in Slovakia:
- Measures valid since January 1, 2020
- Do I have the new coronavirus? How to proceed if you have a suspicion
- I encountered a person who is COVID-19 positive. What do I do next? (FAQ)
- When will I get my COVID vaccine? FAQs about vaccination in Slovakia
- How to travel to and from Slovakia during COVID-19
- The list of low-risk countries and risky regions
- More information about what the coronavirus is and how to protect yourself from the infection (WHO)
17. Jan 2021 at 10:19 | Compiled by Spectator staff