Our paywall policy: The Slovak Spectator has decided to make all the articles on the special measures, statistics and basic information about the coronavirus available to everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
*This graph does not include the new cases that were identified with antigen tests during the mass testing that took place on October 31-November 1, and on November 7-8.
396 people were positively diagnosed with the coronavirus disease in Slovakia on March 7, the total number increased to 323,786.
Altogether 7,921 people have died, according to the data from the National Health Information Centre. The total number of inactive cases (i.e. people who have recovered from Covid-19 with or without symptoms, and for whom 2-4 weeks have passed since they have received a positive test result or 6 weeks if they were hospitalised with Covid) amounted to 441,625 in the ninth week of 2021.
The laboratories have carried out a total of 2,126,553 PCR tests, 2,747 of which were carried out on March 7. They also performed 267,722 new antigen tests, 1,789 were positive. The total number of antigen tests amounted to 15,853,146 and 304,383 in total were positive.
Slovakia's authorities release the testing results as of midnight the previous day every morning. Starting on March 27, also private labs are involved in testing samples for the coronavirus.
Read more about the coronavirus outbreak in Slovakia:
- Measures valid since January 1, 2020
- Do I have the new coronavirus? How to proceed if you have a suspicion
- I encountered a person who is COVID-19 positive. What do I do next? (FAQ)
- When will I get my COVID vaccine? FAQs about vaccination in Slovakia
- How to travel to and from Slovakia during COVID-19
- The list of low-risk countries and risky regions
- More information about what the coronavirus is and how to protect yourself from the infection (WHO)
8. Mar 2021 at 10:10 | Compiled by Spectator staff