Our paywall policy: The Slovak Spectator has decided to make all the articles on the special measures, statistics and basic information about the coronavirus available to everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
*This graph does not include the new cases that were identified with antigen tests during the mass testing that took place on October 31-November 1, and on November 7-8.
2,045 people were positively diagnosed with the coronavirus disease in Slovakia on January 15, the total number increased to 222,752.
Altogether 3,417 people have died, while 166,555 have recovered from the disease. Slovakia thus has 52,780 active coronavirus cases, according to the data from the National Health Information Centre.
The laboratories have carried out a total of 1,603,679 PCR tests, 11,392 of which were carried out on January 15. They also performed 52,240 new antigen tests, 1,760 were positive. The total number of antigen tests amounted to 2,508,666, and 146,245 in total were positive.
Slovakia's authorities release the testing results as of midnight the previous day every morning. Starting on March 27, also private labs are involved in testing samples for the coronavirus.
Read more about the coronavirus outbreak in Slovakia:
- Measures valid since January 1, 2020
- Do I have the new coronavirus? How to proceed if you have a suspicion
- I encountered a person who is COVID-19 positive. What do I do next? (FAQ)
- When will I get my COVID vaccine? FAQs about vaccination in Slovakia
- How to travel to and from Slovakia during COVID-19
- The list of low-risk countries and risky regions
- More information about what the coronavirus is and how to protect yourself from the infection (WHO)
- Q&A: State of emergency declared about coronavirus++é
16. Jan 2021 at 10:06 | Compiled by Spectator staff