Our paywall policy:
The Slovak Spectator has decided to leave all the articles about the coronavirus available for everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
A 60-year-old man from Bojnice (Trenčín Region), positive with the coronavirus, died shortly after leaving hospital.
“We’re currently waiting for the autopsy results to confirm the primary cause of death,” Health Ministry spokesperson Zuzana Eliášová told the TVnoviny.sk website.
The hospital meanwhile closed its pulmonary department, where the patient had been hospitalised since March 20. The tests were carried out nine days later. Since he was in a stabilised condition, the hospital released him for home care on March 30, Milan Henčel of the hospital told the TASR newswire.
Currently, 22 hospital employees and all patients from the pulmonary department have been put in quarantine, the MY Horná Nitra regional newspaper reported.
“Some of them who were in direct contact with the patient have been tested,” said Henčel, as quoted by MY Horná Nitra. “We’re waiting for the results, which should be delivered tomorrow. We’ll then decide on further steps.”
The tests of the pulmonary department employees who were in the direct contact with the patient were negative, Henčel said on March 31.
Read more about the coronavirus outbreak in Slovakia:
- These are the measures currently in place in Slovakia
- How Slovakia prepared for the coronavirus
- Do I have the coronavirus? How to proceed if you have a suspicion
- More information about what the coronavirus is and how to protect yourself from the infection (WHO)
- Situation update on EU/EEA and the UK as of March 6 morning
- Q&A: State of emergency declared about coronavirus
30. Mar 2020 at 22:33 (modified at 31. Mar 2020 at 16:51) | Compiled by Spectator staff