Find out more about the region of folklore, national parks and modern attractions in our Žilina Region Travel Guide.
The summer season has officially begun at Orava Castle and Orava Forest Railway.
Tours of the castle are conducted under strict security measures due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Visitors may look at the castle individually without a guide, using just a map for orientation,” said the director of the Orava museum of Pavol Országh Hviezdoslav, Mária Jagnešáková, as quoted by the TASR newswire. “At the cash desk, we recommend visitors download the Audioguide app, on which it is possible to pick a language.”
The expositions within the castle, open daily in May from 10:00 to 16:00, describe its lively history.
Bonus for visitors
The train at the Orava Forest Railway will commute according to an adjusted schedule with a limited number of visitors. The museum recommends booking a seat on the train at least one day in advance.
“We are happy we can open the gates of Orava Castle to visitors and despatch the train at Orava Forest Railway as well,” Jagnešáková said, as quoted by the TASR newswire.Related story:Read more
She believes that despite strict hygienic measures, they would be able to handle the situation together with visitors. As a bonus, they prepared an exhibition on the castle named Retro Toys, which is open to the public.
Visitors to the museum must wear masks, disinfect their hands, maintain a distance of two metres from others and respect all orders given by the staff.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
12. May 2020 at 20:13 | Compiled by Spectator staff