The waterfalls of Studený Potok (Cold Stream) in the High Tatras are a favourite tourist spot. Learn about other popular hiking spots with our Tatras guide.
Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
They are part of Studený Potok at the mouth of the Malá and Veľká Studená Valley (Small and Big Cold Valley).
Bigger and smaller waterfalls are created in the cascade area where the stream flows. They are the most massive in spring after the snow melts or after intense rains.
They are accessible by tourist routes from Hrebienok, Tatranská Lesná, Tatranská Lomnica and Starý Smokovec.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
21. May 2020 at 13:12 | Compiled by Spectator staff