In order to minimise the import of the Delta variant from abroad, and thus prevent it from spreading uncontrollably, the state re-introduced the regular border checks of people coming to the country.
Everybody coming from abroad is required to fill in the eHranica online form and show a confirmation of having done so during their border check. People entering the country via airports in Slovakia also have to fill in the form published on the Transport Ministry website, and have a negative test result when arriving from risky countries.
People who have not been fully vaccinated against Covid have to self-isolate and take a PCR test. Those vaccinated are required to show a certificate of vaccination and a confirmation of being registered with eHranica.
Cross-border commuters who are not vaccinated do not have to self-isolate, but they do need to show a negative test result when arriving in Slovakia.
If you plan to travel to or from Slovakia, here is some useful information before setting off on your trip:
- I am arriving in Slovakia after October 15. What rules should I follow?
- Do I have to register with eHranica every time I enter Slovakia?
- Are the police checking everybody coming into Slovakia?
- I have been vaccinated against Covid. Do I have to self-isolate after coming to Slovakia from abroad?
- I have not been vaccinated against Covid. Do I have to self-isolate after coming to Slovakia from abroad?
- I have received only one dose of a two-dose vaccine. Do I need so self isolate?
- I am travelling with children. What rules do they have to follow?
- My child is older than 12 and thus entitled to vaccination. Does he/she needs to self-isolate?
- I have recovered from Covid. Do I have to self-isolate when coming to Slovakia from abroad?
- Who is exempt from self-isolation?
- I’m pregnant and I haven’t been vaccinated against Covid. Do I have to self-isolate after coming to Slovakia?
- I am a cross-border commuter. Do I need to self-isolate?
- Will the state reimburse my PCR test?
- Can I transit via Slovakia?
- How can I travel to Slovakia by bus?
- How can I travel to Slovakia by train?
- How can I travel to Slovakia by plane?