Slovakia’s new traffic lights system for travellers to the country during the 2021 summer season, becomes effective on May 31 at 6:00.
The travelling traffic lights system works with three groups of countries based on their epidemiological situation: the green, red or black tier.
“The aim is to allow people to travel abroad relatively safely and to minimise the import of new infections, including the new Covid mutations,” reads the official statement of the Slovak government.
People will still be required to register online before crossing Slovakia’s borders and self-isolate, but certain benefits will apply to the fully vaccinated or those who have had Covid.
Cross-border commuters, people transiting through Slovakia, and some groups with special permissions, will be exempt from the rules; and special conditions will be applied to people who have recovered from Covid-19 or were fully vaccinated.
If you plan to travel to or from Slovakia, here is some useful information before setting off on your trip:
- What do the colour codes in Slovakia’s traffic light system mean?
- How often may the rules change?
- How do I cross borders to and from Slovakia?
- I am coming to Slovakia from a green-tier country. Am I required to self-isolate?
- I am coming to Slovakia from a red-tier country. Am I required to self-isolate?
- I am coming from a black-tier country. Am I required to self-isolate?
- Who is exempted from the rules?
- I am a cross-border commuter. Do I need to self-isolate?
- I have recovered from Covid. Do I have an exception?
- I have been vaccinated against Covid. How can I prove my vaccination to the Slovak authorities?
- Can I transit via Slovakia?
- How can I travel to Slovakia by bus?
- How can I travel to Slovakia by train?
- How can I travel to Slovakia by plane?
27. May 2021 at 11:52 (modified at 14. Jun 2021 at 9:40) | Radka Minarechová