A unique bridge and waterfall are hidden in an unknown place in Slovakia – Pokutská Valley, in the central Pohronie region. Read more about other interesting places in Slovakia with our Slovakia Travel Guide.
When tourists decide to explore the beautiful valley, they should start in the village of Hrabičov, near Žarnovica in central Slovakia, where the valley begins.
Bridge from 1926
The route runs near the Blanc Ranch and Kollárová chalet, continuing with a forest road. There is a bridge on the way, Pokutský Bridge, built in 1926.
The two-arch stone bridge used to be part of a defunct forest railway passing through all of Kľakovská Valley.
Waterfall tooDo not miss nearby castle:Read more
The road leads further via Pavlova lúčka to Partizánska chalet under Vtáčnik, also known as Škurátka.
“In the end, it is possible to make a small circuit to Pokutský Waterfall, which is the most beautiful in springtime,” said Žofia Buganová from the Regional Organisation of Tourism Gron, as quoted by the TASR newswire.
The route is about 14 kilometres long, she said. The terrain is slightly difficult, the ascent of the road steeper only close to the chalet.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
13. Aug 2020 at 11:55 | Compiled by Spectator staff