Our paywall policy:
The Slovak Spectator has decided to make all the articles on the special measures, statistics and basic information about the coronavirus available to everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
Instead of updating the list of green and red countries, the Health Ministry and the Public Health Authority will prepare a list of risky regions within countries.
Health Minister Marek Krajčí (OĽaNO) noted during an August 13 press conference that some countries may be considered safe but not some of their regions anymore.
The list of risky regions and countries will be updated every two weeks.
Starting on September 1, people returning from risky countries will have to undergo a 10-day self-isolation.
List of low-risk countries
- Faroe Islands
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
List of risky regions
- Austria: Vienna, Tyrol, Vorarlberg, Niederoesterreich (Lower Austria), Oberoesterreich (Upper Austria), Burgenland, Salzburg, Steiermark (Styria)
- Bulgaria: Blagoevgrad, Burgas, Gabrovo, Smolyan, Stara Zagora, Targoviste, Yambol
- Denmark: Hovedstaden, Midtjylland (Central Denmark Region), Nordjylland (North Denmark Region), Sjaelland, Syddanmark (Region of Southern Denmark)
- Estonia: Harju Maakond, Ida-Viru Maakond, Voru Maakond
- Finland: Helsinki-Uusimaa, Keski-Suomi
- Germany: Berlin, Bremen, Hamburg
- Greece: Voreio Agaio (North Aegean Region)
- Hungary: entire country
- Iceland: entire country
- Ireland: Border, Dublin, Mid-East, Midland, South-West, West
- Italy: Bolzano, Campania, Lazio, Liguria, Sardinia, Tuscany, Trento, Veneto
- Lithuania: KaunoApskritis, Šiaulių Apskritis
- Norway: Oslo, Vestland
- Poland: Lesser Poland region, Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Łódź Voivodeship, Opole Voivodeship, Subcarpathian, Podlaskie Voivodeship, Pomeranian Voivodeship
- Slovenia: Gorenjska (Upper Carniola), Koroska, Osrednjeslovenska, Podravska, Pomurska, Primorsko-Notranjska, Savinjska, Zasavska
- Sweden: Dalarnas Lan, Hallands Lan, Jamtlands Lan, Jonkopings Lan, Kronobergs Lan, Orebro Lan, Skane Lan, Stockholms Lan, Uppsala Lan, Vasterbottens Lan, Vastmaland, Vastra Gotaland
- United Kingdom: London, North East, North West, East Midlands, West Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber, Northern Ireland, Ayrshire And Arran, Borders, Dumfries And Galloway, Fife, Forth Valley, Grampian, Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Highland, Lanarkshire, Lothian, Tayside, Western Isles, Abertawe Bro Morgannwg, Aneurin Bevan, Betsi Cadwaladr, Cardiff And Vale, Cwm Taf, Hywel Dda
Read more about the coronavirus outbreak in Slovakia:
- These are the measures currently in place in Slovakia
- How Slovakia prepared for the coronavirus
- Do I have the coronavirus? How to proceed if you have a suspicion
- More information about what the coronavirus is and how to protect yourself from the infection (WHO)
- Situation update on EU/EEA and the UK as of March 6 morning
- Q&A: State of emergency declared about coronavirus+
1. Oct 2020 at 9:16 | Compiled by Spectator staff