The High Tatras’ symbolic cemetery, located near Popradské Pleso, has for 80 years been a place where victims of these mountains and, uniquely, those of other mountains around the world, are commemorated.
Our detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
The site is decorated with 50 Detva carved wooden crosses and can be found in a grove under Ostrva peak close to the lake. The Tatra national park takes care of it.
In summer and at All Souls’ Day, reverential events take place.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
30. Aug 2020 at 7:00 | Compiled by Spectator staff