Our paywall policy:
The Slovak Spectator has decided to make all the articles on the special measures, statistics and basic information about the coronavirus available to everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
Both the health minister and the chief hygienist decided to enter preventive self-isolation during the weekend, after being in touch with a person who tested positive with the coronavirus.
“Unfortunately, one employee of the Health Ministry and a member of the group of epidemiologists, infectologists and hygienists tested positive with the coronavirus,” Krajčí wrote on Facebook on September 6.
The two met during the September 3 meeting, during which everybody wore a mask and the room was ventilated.
“Regarding the current situation, I and other group members remain in preventive isolation,” Krajčí said, adding he will take the test on Tuesday, September 8.
Later on September 6, the Public Health Authority wrote on Facebook that chief hygienist Ján Mikas will remain in isolation and will be tested after meeting a person positive with the coronavirus.
Read more about the coronavirus outbreak in Slovakia:
- These are the measures currently in place in Slovakia
- How Slovakia prepared for the coronavirus
- Do I have the coronavirus? How to proceed if you have a suspicion
- More information about what the coronavirus is and how to protect yourself from the infection (WHO)
- Situation update on EU/EEA and the UK as of March 6 morning
- Q&A: State of emergency declared about coronavirus+
7. Sep 2020 at 11:14 | Compiled by Spectator staff