The Mičinské travertines, characteristic for their orange colour, may be observed near Banská Bystrica. They are created by a system of several travertine piles with lakes of constantly springing mineral water on top.
A helping hand in the heart of Europe offers for you Slovakia travel guide.
The water with a high content of minerals is the reason for the strange orange colour. The locality belongs among the most significant in Slovakia.
There is an educational path for visitors.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
15. Oct 2020 at 11:34 | Compiled by Spectator staff