Our paywall policy:
The Slovak Spectator has decided to make all the articles on the special measures, statistics and basic information about the coronavirus available to everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
Almost three million antigen tests for the upcoming nationwide testing have arrived in Slovakia.
The plane carrying the tests from the South Korean capital of Seoul landed at Bratislava airport in the early morning hours of October 22.
Soldiers have taken 187,200 testing kits, 40,800 masks, 14,096 respirators, 467,900 single-use and surgery gloves, 7,045 shoe covers, 7,050 protective heads and balaclavas and 710 medical bowls from the stores of the Administration of State Material Reserves, to ensure the initial phase of testing, the Defence Ministry noted.
The material will be distributed to regional headquarters and then to sampling places in the Orava region and in the Bardejov district, where pilot testing will be conducted.
Read more about the coronavirus outbreak in Slovakia:
- Do I have the coronavirus? How to proceed if you have a suspicion
- Coronavirus in Slovakia: statistics
- How to travel to and from Slovakia during COVID-19
- The list of low-risk countries and risky regions
- More information about what the coronavirus is and how to protect yourself from the infection (WHO)
- Q&A: State of emergency declared about coronavirus
22. Oct 2020 at 11:50 | Compiled by Spectator staff