If you can't make it in person, then visit the Blajzloch artificial lake in the Slovenský Raj (Slovak Paradise) national park via our gallery.
The lake was built in 1966 in the cadastre of Hrabušice village, in the district of Spišská Nová Ves. It is located in the vicinity of the road from Hrabušice to the Kopanec saddle, above the well-known Sokoľ valley.
There is an island in the middle of the lake which teems with trout, accessible by a wooden bridge. An educative path leads around it.
Besides the route from Hrabušice, you can also reach the lake from the mountain village of Vernár, in the district of Poprad.
The artificial lake is one of the less well-known tourist spots in the national park and it is also an easy walk, suitable for families with children.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
14. Nov 2020 at 8:17 | Compiled by Spectator staff