Our paywall policy:
The Slovak Spectator has decided to make all the articles on the special measures, statistics and basic information about the coronavirus available to everyone. If you appreciate our work and would like to support good journalism, please buy our subscription. We believe this is an issue where accurate and fact-based information is important for people to cope.
People willing to undergo free antigen tests will have more opportunities to get tested.
Starting on November 9 at 14:00, the testing sites in all 25 districts (minus the cities of Bratislava and Košice), which did not take place in the second round of the mass testing during the previous weekend, have been opened by the Fire and Rescue Corps. Most of them are situated in fire stations. The swabs will be done by fire rescuers.
The decision came after the Health Ministry failed to open on time the mobile testing sites in all 25 district capitals, plus the cities of Bratislava and Košice. Health Minister Marek Krajčí (OĽaNO) has explained that there have been some legal problems concerning the agreements, but promised to solve them.
Although PM Igor Matovič (OĽaNO) has criticised Krajčí, he does not plan to recall him from the post.
“Naming specific failures doesn’t automatically mean a loss of trust,” Matovič said, as quoted by the Denník N daily.
Where to find the testing sites?
All testing sites operated by the fire forces have closed on November 26. They were open for 13 days and have tested 38,321 persons, of whom 858 tested positive (2.2 percent).
Read more about the coronavirus outbreak in Slovakia:
- Do I have the coronavirus? How to proceed if you have a suspicion
- Coronavirus in Slovakia: statistics
- How to travel to and from Slovakia during COVID-19
- The list of low-risk countries and risky regions
- More information about what the coronavirus is and how to protect yourself from the infection (WHO)
- Q&A: State of emergency declared about coronavirus+
9. Nov 2020 at 15:23 (modified at 27. Nov 2020 at 15:27) | Compiled by Spectator staff