About 60 to 70 percent of the snow was preserved after it was stored at the Jasná ski resort at the end of the previous winter season.
Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
Workers in Jasná have been moving the snow from the slopes and putting it in a pile since 2018. The previous season was cancelled early because of the pandemic but now, they are preparing for the next season.
The snow was stored in the locality of Otupné near the forest where there is not much sun during the summer. It was covered with a white plastic film. In mid-November, they started to uncover it to see how much snow had been preserved during the summer.
Jasná reported that only 30 to 40 percent of the snow had melted. This snow will be put back on the slopes in the following days before the artificial snow is applied.Read more
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
19. Nov 2020 at 18:05 | Compiled by Spectator staff