Citizens and visitors of Bratislava will not be able to enjoy the view from Michael's Tower for the next year and a half.
Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
From December 1, the monument will be closed to the public for 18 months due to its long-awaited reconstruction.
“The museum plans to prepare a brand-new interactive exhibition that will show the fortification system with the use of the most modern technologies,” said Barbora Lichvanová of Bratislava City Museum (MMB), as quoted by the TASR newswire.
They also plan to create barrier-free access for blind people and people with hearing difficulties.Read more
The reconstruction of Michael's Tower, which will involve assembly and the restoration of artwork, should be completed by mid-2022.
The previous reconstruction was conducted in the 1970s. At present, the condition of Michael's Tower is the result of neglected maintenance and the poor infrastructure of the building. It is currently used as a museum.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
30. Nov 2020 at 11:24 | Compiled by Spectator staff