Morské Oko Lake is located in the Vihorlatské Mountains and it is the biggest lake in this mountain range.
A helping hand in the heart of Europe offers for you Slovakia travel guide.
It is also the biggest landslide lake in Slovakia, with an area of 13 hectares.
The lake has a very indented coastline and crystal-clear water.
The western and northern coast is covered by sand with a mild incline, but the eastern part is steep and rocky.
A tourist path surrounds the lake. Only locals who have the lake in their district may visit it under the current measures. Others can see photos.
Spectacular Slovakia travel guides
- A helping hand in the heart of Europe thanks to the Slovakia travel guide with more than 1,000 photos and hundred of tourist spots.
- Detailed travel guide to the Tatras introduces you to the whole region around the Tatra mountains, including attractions on the Polish side.
- Lost in Bratislava? Impossible with our City Guide!
- See some selected travel articles, podcasts, traveller's needs as well as other guides dedicated to Nitra, Trenčín Region, Trnava Region and Žilina Region.
16. Jan 2021 at 10:05 | Compiled by Spectator staff