This article was published in Bratislava City Guide. With this detailed, pocket-sized guide, it is impossible to get lost in the Slovak capital.
The House of the Good Shepherd is among the most beautiful rococo-style buildings in central Europe, and is one of few preserved buildings of the old settlement around Bratislava Castle. It was named after the statue of Christ, the Good Shepherd, which stands in a niche on its corner.
The four-floor house was built between 1760-65, in the shape of a trapezium, with an extremely narrow frontal face; the width of one room and staircase. The bottom part was used for trade and craft activities, while the upper served for accommodation.