As the situation surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic develops positively in Slovakia, the cabinet is relaxing the anti-coronavirus measures. Based on the Covid automat alert system, Slovakia will switch to the dark red tier as of Monday, April 19, enabling the reopening of non-essential shops, galleries and museums, zoos, and libraries. People can also travel to the countryside between districts for individual recreation. Regulations for wearing face masks and respirators have eased, too.Related articleRead more
“I am very happy that thanks to the joint efforts of the citizens, we have taken another step towards a life without restrictions,” said Prime Minister Eduard Heger (OĽaNO) as cited by the SITA newswire. “The pandemic threat has not been definitively averted. Only strict adherence to the rules, in conjunction with massive vaccination, is the way to freedom. We have taken another step towards it.”
However, the state of emergency continues and the curfew remains in place. Also, people will be required to show a negative test result or proof that they have recovered from Covid-19 or have been vaccinated against it when visiting most re-opened venues. Mass events will be allowed, but only up to six people can be in attendance. Likewise, only one client per 15 square metres will be allowed in shops, at hairdressers or in body care facilities. If the client area is smaller than 15 square metres, there can only be one client in the facility.
The Slovak Spectator prepared, in cooperation with the Sme daily, a series of questions and answers about the new measures.
Q&A about the rules after April 19
- Will I be able to go to a shop even after 20:00?
- Do I have to get tested every week?
- What test do I need on the way to work?
- Can I go into nature outside my district?
- Will ski lifts and cable cars be in operation?
- Can I go to a cottage outside of my district?
- Will I be able to stay in a hotel and guesthouses?
- Can I go out jogging after 20:00?
- Can I go out with my dog after 20:00?
- Can I go out to participate in a team sport?
- Will fitness and wellness centres reopen?
- Which stores will reopen?
- Will shopping centres reopen?
- Will there be reserved shopping hours for seniors?
- Will hairdressers be open?
- Can I go to the cosmetician?
- Can I go to museums or galleries?
- Can I go to the cinema or theatre?
- Can I go to church?
- Will I be able to sit on a restaurant terrace?
- What are the exceptions from testing?
- Where can I put down the face mask?
- Do I still have to wear a respirator at work?
- Can I attend practical lessons at a driving school?
- Do I still have to wear a respirator on public transport?
- Do students in the classrooms also have to wear a respirator?
- How long do the measures apply?
17. Apr 2021 at 23:01 | Compiled by Spectator staff